Lou

Default Why buy a house?

"SHARX" wrote in message
news:F11Kc.59115$eO.53090@edtnps89...
Barbara Bomberger wrote:
|| On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:18:04 GMT, "SHARX"
|| wrote:
||| WHY should a person buy a big a house as they can afford. We could
||| afford to buy a much larger, more expensive house but the one we
||| have meets our NEEDS. Get frugal, eh?
|| Frugal is buying a house that wil meet your long term needs
|| No one said expensive, no one said necessarily as much as you can
|| afford, I just said buy WHAT you can afford. Any other inference was
|| yours.
|| However, it would not be frugal to be a young couplle, know you were
|| planning on four kids, and buy a one or two bedroom house. It would
|| be shortsighted, to say the least. Better to get the kind of home
|| you want for the type of family you will want at the beginning.

Having 4 kids is NOT frugal and contributes DIRECTLY to overpopulation.
Think globally, act locally, eh? In fact having 4 kids is EXTREMELY

selfish.

Not in the developed world - birthrates are at or below replacement level in
western Europe and North America, for instance.

As just about anyone who's ever had kids knows, having kids is about as
opposite to selfish as you can get - a halfway decent parent takes time,
sleep, wealth, and effort that could have been used for self gratification
and unconditionally turns these things over to another human being.

Besides, if you aren't going to spend the money you earn, who are you going
to leave it to when you die if you don't have kids - the government?