Shawn Hearn

Default Why buy a house?

In article ,
Anthony Matonak wrote:

Keith wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:02:26 -0700, Sandy wrote:
It seems to me that I can rent a smaller place than I can buy. The
cost per square foot may be less when you buy a big (or not so big)
house, but for those who can live in a studio apartment, I suspect it
is more frugal.

I suspect you're wrong! If that were the case, why would anyone buy
rental property. Someone is making money, it might just as well be you!

I think this is why they invented condos and co-ops. These allow you
to buy a studio apartment instead of a house.

True, but condos tend to have lousy resale value and any decent condo
community is going to have a high monthly association fee. At least
that's my experience when I spent a few months shopping for a condo and
realized the deal I have renting is better.