Shawn Hearn

Default Why buy a house?

In article ,
(Larry Bud) wrote:

In the end, I suppose it's a matter of personal preference. But I do
wish my home-owning friends would cut out the holier-than-thou attitude.

I hear where you're coming from. My sister bugged me for 10 years
about "owning" (the BANK really owns it, for 30 years at least). $
wise, you need to run the numbers, however there are a few perks
outside the money which you may not have considered:

1) A garage, and all the fun with it. If you like working on your
car, building stuff, etc, you're not going to have that luxury living
in an apt.

2) A basement. Same kinda deal with a garage. More room to put all
your junk

3) No sharing a wall with a neighbor. Crank that music or movie as
loud as you want it.

4) A backyard.

Huh? Where do you live? I know of lots of homes that share common walls
with other homes, have no back yards, or garages. New York City, for
example, is full of them.