Default Why buy a house?

(shinypenny) wrote:

Not in my case. My rent kept going up year after year, sucking up any
raise increase I got. I bought a house in which the mortgage payment +
taxes + insurance equalled what I was paying in rent, but it will
never go up from here on out. Any future raises will be gravy.

Uhhh, don't expect that. Insurance in Florida skyrocketed after hurricane
Andrew, and contines to go up. Property taxes here were rising so fast that
many seniors had to sell their homes. That one got capped locally with a
constitutional ammendment capping property tax increases to 2% per year. Most
places don't have that safeguard.