Andy Hall

Default Garage door removel / planning permission

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:51:58 -0000, "BillR"
wrote:

Well I live in MG house and they told me they are not interested in these
covenants when the houses are more than 10 years old poss even earlier if
they are not doing any more development in the area.
The LA will not enforce them either, its down to other householders to bring
a civil action.
So all in all they are a waste of time. You can pretty well ignore them with
impunity as most people round here seem to.

However, if you change a garage to a habitable room as many of my
neighbours have done, then building control is very interested in insulation
to floor etc. The cost can be non-trivial. This is what the neighbours might
make the LA aware of..
Also someone near here tried to run a buisness in his converted garage and
fell foul of the planning regs...

The other issue that comes up with some local authorities with respect
to doing anything to a garage is if it impacts off-road parking. In
other words if you do something that results in extra cars appearing
on the public road outside the house it may cause interest.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl