Brad Bishop

Default Compact Fluorescent Lights w/ controls

"El Penguini" wrote in message
There are specific photo cells for CF bulbs. Use the wrong one and it

won't
work.
UP

That's good to know. I went out this weekend and double-checked the
photocells already in place. While they do use two photocells to limit
flicker, they also (for lack of a better term) fade in and out based on how
much light they are getting or not getting so they won't work with CF bulbs.

I've got a 25W (incandescent) bulb in each of the fixtures to keep my
driveway and front door lit at night. I'll probably just leave those there
for now as it's not a huge amount of electricity or anything.

I have been going through my house trying to reduce my energy consumption. I
sealed up my attic door the other day and have been replacing regular light
bulbs with CF bulbs except in a few rooms that I never use (they're just
sealed off). I was beginning to look outside for the next set of bulbs to
replace but I like how the on at dusk/off at dawn photocells work so I never
have to think about turning the lights on or off.

Thanks again for the info.

Brad