Me2

Default Help with well pump problem ... the pump or the pressure switch?

I have a house where the water pump would cycle on and off every 5
seconds or so during moderate water use. Today, the water delivery
shut down completely. The holding tank and pressure switch is in the
crawl space under my house so I checked the voltage on the breaker
side of the switch (240vac). I checked the voltage on the pump side of
the switch (240Vac). I then proceded to the well opening and
verified 240Vac there. So it appears that the pressure switch is
sending power to the pump, however, the pump is dead? I don't think
it is a dry well... water seemed plentifull before hand and i was
never drawing up sediment. Also, I gave ample tie for the well to
recover if that was the case. I'm not too familair with water
pump/well systems but this seems to be pointing to a bad pump, which
is probably 19 years old.

ALso, how do you adjust a pressure switch, I don't see and adjustments
on mine?

Thanks