Toby

Default repointing brickwork

N. Thornton wrote:
I wish I could give us all a better answer. I still dont know what to
repoint the house with.

I think we are in the same situation. This house has had about 10% repointed
with cement, and a survey stated it was poor, although doesn't seem at all
bad to me. Trouble is the front has very thin joints hence easy to make a
mess of. As this place will get sold within 5 years, I think I'll just give
the facade a scrub; this should give the mortar a fresher appearance so may
pass a casual inspection. I've used 1:1:6 mix on small jobs such as window
reveals and it seems to have performed just fine.

On the flip side, lime mortar houses circa 1900 are great for putting holes
in, as easy as Lego.

--
Toby.