Andrew Gabriel

Default Bosch PHO 100 Planer Blades

In article ,
(Graham Mead) writes:
Hi,
I need to change the blades on Bosch PHO 100 Planer and true to'Sod's
law' can find every manual except the one for this! Does anyone know
where I can get a copy of this manual (the bosch site has pdfs only
for current models). Is there anything I need to be careful of in
replacing them setting the correct depth, making sure the new blades
are parallel etc or is it a very simple procedure?

That sounds like the model I have (although I don't have it here to
check). In that case, IIRC you just slacken off one or two allen key
bolts and slide the blade out. It's been a while, but I think the
blades have two sides, so you can refit it the other way round to
use the new cutting edge if that hasn't already been done. There's
no further adjustment to be done.

Something else you can get is a curved edge blade. This is excellent
for planing wood which is wider than the blade, and prevents you
getting a step in the surface caused by the edge of the blade. These
are much more expensive though.

--
Andrew Gabriel