Jake

Default How high can a garden wall between two houses be?

On 5 Jul 2003 12:35:24 GMT, (Bob Eager) wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 12:28:20 UTC, "BigWallop"
wrote:

In fact someone in here a few weeks back was asking about a shared wall in
their garden which was part of their boundary partition with an old
workshop.

That was me!

A builder was going to make changes to the wall to reclaim the
land on the other side of it or something, and they had to send him a letter
of proposal of changes to ask if he didn't mind them doing the changes.

That's right. This link was posted, and is useful. Also search on Google
Groups for the phrase "Party wall query".

http://www.safety.odpm.gov.uk/bregs/pwact/

Yes, that is useful. Thank you both for the help. I think I will check
with the local planning dept anyway, as you suggested.

Jake