Tracey

Default Plantation shutters - in or out?

"Billy" wrote in message
On 10 Jun 2004 20:56:32 -0700, (Tracy) wrote:
At this point I am rather uncertain about spending this kind of money. I

guess
I was hoping more people would say 'yeah they add value' etc but it seems

to be
a very individual choice. My wife asked a real estate agent she works out

with
about them, and she told her that some people love them and some rip them

out
when they move in.

The bottom line IMO, is that you need to decorate your house they way you
want to have it to live in it. Decorate it for YOU, not for some
hypothetical buyer that might come along and buy it sometime in the future.
Honestly, no matter what choice you make, some future buyer is going to love
it, and some future buyer is going to hate it. Are you willing to live for
the next 15 years with something that you don't like because it 'might' be
better to have it when you sell the house in 15 years?

Do it the way you want it and don' tworry about getting the added value out
later.