Travis Jordan

Default AC Advice Needed! Update

unix-freak wrote:
OK.... I checked the run capacitor and it measured 35uF; well within
10% tolerance. My AC guy called me back and came by and found that
the system was 2 lbs low on freon. After charging it, it's run fine
since 5:30 and the compressor has NOT cut off. It was 84 in the house
and 5 hours later is down to 78. When he was here he measured the
return air at 81 and the supply at 68 at the registers. Tomorrow when
I go to work I'll just cut it down to 76 and see if the house is cool
when I get home.

The 13 degree drop across the air handler is low - as I said earlier it
should be 17 - 22. What did he say about the root cause of that part of
the problem?

How did he know you were two pounds low? What method did he use to
charge the system?

If you are / were low on refrigerant (Freon is a trademark for one
manufacturer's blend of R-22) then you need to find out where it is
leaking. Did the tech do a leak test?

My guess is that your system will run for a while and then you'll be
back in the same inadequate cooling situation. So then what?