unix-freak

Default AC Advice Needed!

It is also possible that the compressor is overheating and shutting down
on overtemperature. If the system were just low on refrigerant (and it
had an auto-reset low-pressure switch installed, a feature seen mostly
on high-end systems) then indeed it might restart after 10 minutes. How
ever, I wouldn't risk compressor damage if I were you.

Tomorrow morning call one of the local HVAC distributors and ask the
counter person for the name of a really good technician that they would
have work on their personal system. Johnstone Supply will do if you
have one in the area, or find the distributor for the manufacturer of
your system.

OK..I've got a guy coming out on Friday to check it out. To tell you
the truth, I think it was already low on freon when the other guy was
out last Thursday and when he disconnected his guages, he didn't do it
quick enough as freon came pouring out on the high side. I didn't
have the compressor cutting off problem prior to this. The fan still
runs at the blower and compressor so I don't suspect that there's
anything wrong with the thermostat.