Speedy Jim

Default Water pressure issue? Advice needed

wrote:

Hi All,
I have a very weired problem in my basement bathroom:
Sometimes when I flush the toilet, it sounds like the system is
over-pressured -terrible, terrible sound is coming out of the pipe
connected to the toilet supply line, the supply line itself starts
going *crazy* moving from side to side. It stops doing so after 2-3
seconds.
I suspect some water pressure issues (I can't think about anything
else). I don't get how can this kind of problem exist in a single
pipe, while all other pipes in the house are connected. Is that
possible that over-pressure exists in a single end of the house water
system?
Is that possible that toilet tank can cause such an effect?
My biggest concern is that there is over-pressure in the system and it
might burst.

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Not air, not pressure.

Most likely the ballcock (fill valve) inside the toilet tank is
at fault. The other possibility is that the supply shutoff valve
(under the tank where the water line comes in) is partially closed.
Those small stop valves must be completely open or they may vibrate.

Could be a loose washer in the supply valve also.

Jim