D. Gerasimatos

Default California Buyer's Agent Bonus

In article ,
iforsyth wrote:

I'm in California. Is it possible/legal for a buyer to pay a buyer's
agent an added bonus for negotiating a purchase agreement sales price
under the listing price? Is this a contract outside of the purchase
agreement?

I'm having trouble with buyer's agents that seek to get offers at or
above market in order to increase their commission. They're not
really representing the buyers. They're representing themselves.

With the California real estate market how it is right now, I think they
are trying to buy you a house. Now is not a good time to lowball.

Dimitri