Peter Parry

Default Garage door removel / planning permission

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:10:48 -0000, "Tony Gent"
wrote:

I have a garage that my car will not fit in, so I am thinking of taking the
up n over door off and replacing it with tongue and groove. Then putting a
house style front door in and making a small work area.
My question is are there any planning regulation that will stop me from
doing this. Can my neighbour complain to the council etc.

Why not do what many do and simply leave the garage door in place and
build a partition wall immediately behind it? Make the door around
the corner out of sight and you have what you wish whilst maintaining
the same look as other houses.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/