Babbling Brook Photography

Default Ants and Birds, please help?

To help with the birds you can take two aluminum pie plates and staple
them together with a string and a nut tied to the end of it hanging inside
of the two pie plates so when the wind blows it rattles, then hang it in the
garden in several spots, plus the reflectance of the pie plates help. The
problem is that they get used to this and eventually come back but it works
for a while.

As far as the ants, go to home depot and get Grants ant killer, these
are self contained metal traps with a small hole in them for the ants to
access the poison, the best part of these is that the ants gather the poison
bring it back to the nest where they all feed on it and it kills the entire
colony with a minimal amount of poison which is much better on the
environment.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Babbling Brook Photography

"lucy" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone have any ideas for how to keep ants and birds out of the
vegetable garden?
The birds are large black ones, I'm not sure if they are crows or not. I
tried growing tomatoes last year and they ate them, I also had a problem
with ants around some lettuce I tried to grow.
Please.. any advice very much appreciated.
Thank you,
lucy