PoP

Default Drilling through mains cable!

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:26:26 -0000, "N"
wrote:

PS Try to limit the comments on my stupidity and about how cheap pipe/cable
detectors are. my wife wants to kill me as it is - take pity on me!

Take heart from the fact that I did the same thing about 20 years ago
in a previous house. And we didn't have RCD's in them days.

It was a very useful lesson - subsequently I've always (without fail)
checked for cables buried in the wall and take special care if there
are sockets on the wall, or on the far side of the wall.

And I am always conscious if the drill appears to suddenly change in
terms of physical feedback which could suggest it has stopped drilling
brick and is now drilling something which isn't brick.

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided
with my newsreader please be aware that the email
is processed with spamcop. As a result your email
to me might be treated as spam!