Offbreed

Default Priming the Water Pump

spamersarevile wrote:

Is it possible to fill up the hose at the pump end? There's a (screw
valve?) there (a plug that screws in just before the water line enters
the pump). Pore in the water through that valve into the hose and
then reclose that valve.

Well, if you want to carry the water, you need a "foot valve" for your
water line to keep it from running out.

But you might put a "Y" valve on the lake end and get a cheap bilge
pump from a boating supply store and that would save a lot of hauling.
I have a "Thirsty-Mate" hand pump about 3' long that might work. It
came with about 6' of hose and there's places to get extra hose so you
can pump from further away.

Looks like it costs about $30 on the net, but I don't think I paid
that much for mine.