Tony

Default I want a full refund on my engineer's report

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:55:28 GMT, "Brake Shoe" wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
.. .
I was about to buy my first house. It looked great at first glance (aside

from there being a major
road behind it. I made an offer and it was accepted. It looked so good

that I wasnt going to get an
engineer but many of my friends told me to get one for piece of mind, if

not as a bargaining tool if
there was something wrong. I told my real estate agent (a friend of a

friend of mine) and he told me
that the owners are not going to wait much longer to go to contract so, he

said he knew one that
would come on short notice on a Sunday.

Are you sure that the inspector was an engineer? Most inspectors do not
have a P.E. license.

other stuff deleted

I need to find out who regulates engineers? I want to write to them to

meantime, I have learned a ton about what to look for. I didnt know before

and didnt think I had to
beause I thought the engineer should catch the problems. I also learned a

lesson... never let your
real estate agent refer you to the engineer.

That's for sure. Real estate agents virtually never recommend anyone who is
really competent. The competent inspectors are known as "deal killers".

There has to be a certain loyalty between them that
allows the engineer make the house look good enough to sell.

So, if anyone knows what governmental agency regulates engineers, I would

appreciate it.

Depends on the state, but first find out if the inspector is really a P.E.
(Professional Engineer). Anyway, if he's really a P.E., start he
http://www.nspe.org/

The guy is an engineer according to the report. After his name, it say P.E.
I will try the site you mentioned above. Thanks.

Tony