Default FSBO?

On 15 Apr 2004 21:12:54 -0700, someone wrote:

Does anyone recommend selling a house FSBO?

I have done it both ways. One thing I notice - on the FSBOs,
sometimes there is a hesitancy in actually getting them to sign on the
line. Not "the closing" where title passes, but "closing the deal".
It seems to be helpful to have some 3rd party pushing the buyer and
handing him the forms, and as a go-between in negotiations.

Just my perception. Not insurmountable, as I said I've done it both
ways. But I have noticed it. The buyer, esp. if a newbie, seems so
much more comfortable if there is "someone else" there to assure them
they are doing the right thing.

Of course if you are in one of those areas where people fall over each
other to offer more than asking price onn the first day, you would not
see it that way. But those areas are the exception, not the rule.

-v.