David W.

Default Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers: Review & Recommendations

(Mike) wrote in
om:

If your lawn is larger than 75x75 I wouldn't bother with it. I've
bought all electric products over the years (edger, blower, weedeater,
hedge trimmer,etc) and after borrowing a neighbors edger and
weedeater, I am convinced it is worth the gas/oil mixture hassle. Buy
an MTD, I think Yard Machine is one of the highest rated per Consumer
Reports.

The biggest problem with cordless electric yard tools, in my opinion, is
that the battery chargers are crap and will severly reduce the life of the
batteries. You can't just leave the batteries plugged in between uses,
which makes charging them inconvenient, and an even bigger problem in the
winter. Replacement batteries frequently cost more than the tool itself.
I'll deal with an extension cord or gasoline before I'll deal with the
battery problem again.