Terry

Default Cooker wiring

Lee Blaver wrote:

Check out the instructions for the cooker, you may find that it has
interlocks to prevent you from using all the features simultaneously.

Lee

Ee by goom! Just a mo? That don't sound right, some how?
What's the point of buying all the bells and whistles if you
can't use them.
We've often had four boilers on the hobs on top, and stuff in the
oven; for several hours at a time.

Let's see our common or garden, bog standard 30 inch North
American stove has IIRC, 2 x 1250 hobs and 2 x 750 hobs and a 6
kilowatt oven, c'ept when it is first heating up the oven when
the broiler eleemnt also comes on for a while. That's about 10
kilowatts, all on at same time. Roughly 40-45 amps. With a 60 amp
plug and socket behind the cooker wired with #6 AWG to a
dedicated 60 amp breaker back at the CU. Has worked fine for some
30+ years. Although our stove has been replaced with similar
model during that time; twice.

Typical price these days for a new absolutely basic 30 inch
cooker at moment is around $500 to $700 Can. Roughly say, with
sales tax, 300 UK pounds. However fancier models, can go up to
$1500; stainless steel for example even more! Competition between
some of the 'big box' stores has been good and prices have
actually come down during the last ten years or so.
In typical domestic service (not including the way we have
treated ours!) a typical unit will last 20 to 30 years.

But no trouble for do it youselfers like myself to get a used one
in good condition (and they are simple to fix) when people are
remodeling!

Terry.