Joe Doe

Default Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers: Review & Recommendations

In article ,
(GG) wrote:

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks
Gary.

I do not have a cordless but have a Black and Decker Electric for
maintaining about 5000 sq ft of yard. I love it. I have been using
electric for about 7 years and think it is great for small yards. I do
not like breathing unburnt fuel and combustion products.

You have to learn to dance around the cord - minor inconvenience but not
really all that big a deal once you get used to it. It has been able to
handle all normal and abnormal conditions relatively well - for example in
winter I throw down winter rye. If it rains a lot and the grass is too
wet to mow it can grow unbeleivably tall. Combine this with skipping
mowing because this happens a few weekends in a row and I could have grass
almost approaching my knees. Even under these conditions, the mower
performed tolerably (not perfectly - it is a mulching mower and the large
amount of clippings would accumulate and stall the motor. However, if I
cut short patches and did narrow strips so that the I did not generate
enough clippings to choke the motor, it performed fine.) I shared a mower
with a friend for the first five years and bought my own two years back.
The original is still going strong with the friend and so it is obviously
very durable with no maintenance. I am not sure that a cordless would
have the oomph to grow through tall grass patches that I describe above.

Roland