Lou

Default Power cost of idle electric water heater

"Mark Sauder" wrote in message
For instance my utility co. offers time of day rates. When I was
participating
the electric rate was about half the normal rate from 7pm to 7am and
all day weekends and holidays, and about twice the normal rate the rest
of the time.

That sounds somewhat askew - what you've just said is that the electric rate
was _never_ the normal rate. You seem to be telling us that if, for
example, the normal rate was ten cents per kilowatt-hour, participants in
this time of day pricing scheme could buy electricity for either five cents
or for twenty cents a kilowatt-hour, but never for ten cents.

Is that right?