Ruski

Default Building regs on Staircase handrail

Having 'studied' Part K I know the height that a handrail has to be - but in
my particular application for replacing the old ranch style ballustrading
the existing handrail does not go from bottom newel to top newel - it
terminates at the underside of the ceiling, because of an offset landing
floor. There is no room for a straight line for a full length handrail. A
seperate assembly protects the landing area, so my question is does the
handrail HAVE to go from top to bottom - I can't see mention of it in the
regs....

Any idea???

TIA

Ruski