Xiaoning Wang

Default Need advice: Buying a house and sell declares bankrupty

Hi,

I am having an amazing experience buying my 1st house. This is
Chicago, Illinois.

I gave an offer to a house back in Feburary and everything went though
relatively smoothly and we are waiting for closing on 4/1. Just today,
my attorney called and said the sell attorney just said the sell is
filing bankrupcy on 3/31 in court. What #^$&$^@!#*!

The seller is self employed and had a small business from home. The
title shows he still owns $$ on his house (though less than our buying
price), and he hasn't paid his 2002 property tax yet.

At this point, I am not sure whether we still want to house or not. We
are in close contact with our attorney. But just want to get some
advices/experiences as to what could be hidden and hurt us.

Thx!