BigWallop

Default Stuck stopcock

"Steve Loft" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:

Has the valve got a bar handle or wheel head ?

I think that the thing I am trying to turn is actually a Toby. It's
nearly 3 feet underground so I can't reach it. It has a metal bar along
the top of it, an inch or so long, and I turn it quarter of a turn in
either direction to turn the water off, using the tool I bought which I
think is probably a Toby Key. It's about 4 ft long, T-shaped, with a
'claw' type thing on the end that fits over the bar on the valve. Worked
fine in September, won't budge it now.

I can't mess with the valve out in the road as that supplies two other
houses too.

So I guess maybe my question should be "how do I unstick a stuck Toby?".
Without digging, preferably!

Steve Loft

The first part of my reply was meant for the stopcock in the house. :-))

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com