Tracey

Default Habitat Homes and Property Values

"Harry K" wrote in message
om...
I am for the HFH project but if someone thinks that they will build
250,000 dollar houses of any type of construction, think again. They
will build basic box houses from the ones I have seen and will not be
-big- or -fancy- houses. Far from poverty level but also not something
I would want in an upscale neighborhood.

Well, I guess that maybe depends on the area they are building them in. The
one down the street from me is a side by side duplex. It has 3 stories, 4
bedrooms, LR, DR, Kitchen 2 1/2 baths and Family room on each side. It has
to be at least 2000 sf on each half. Based on my local area, I'm sure it
is appraised at for over $300K (and our appraisals are for 70% of market
value).

Tracey in CT