Harry K

Default Habitat Homes and Property Values

jetgraphics wrote in message ...
Chas wrote:
I recently learned that our local (Charlotte, NC) Habitat for Humanity has
purchased land on which to place homes.

I am curious as what effect (if any) this would have on home values in the
immediate area.

If H-F-H builds out of concrete sandwich (3-D Panel, Tridipanel, or other
encapsulated insulation system), the new "frugal" homes will be more
durable, low maintenance, and a higher quality than the pre-existing homes.
That may definitely hurt your resale value, when the po' folk live in
better houses.

I am for the HFH project but if someone thinks that they will build
250,000 dollar houses of any type of construction, think again. They
will build basic box houses from the ones I have seen and will not be
-big- or -fancy- houses. Far from poverty level but also not something
I would want in an upscale neighborhood.

Harry K