iexpl

Default roofing cost in Massachusetts

All,

thanks for all the information. Around four years ago, I was asking a
roofer to give me an estimate when I bought the house, he told me to
expect ~$5000 for a roof. I forget to ask him if this a strip of old
roof and putting on a new one or not.

So four years passed, the price went up 200%! This is certainly out of
my expectation. Has the roofing cost went up that much in your areas?

/eve
(D. Gerasimatos) wrote in message ...
In article ,

I am in the market for a new roof. Idealy, i'd like to strip the old
shingles, fix the rotted wood, and put the new shingles for the roof.

Just got a quote from home-depot at home services for about 1600 sq ft
of roofing. And the price is over $16000 . That is a lot for a roof.

That is a lot, but not insanely high. Assuming these are asphalt shingles
(other roofing products will cost more, maybe much more) and your roof
is average in pitch (not too steep) then in Southern California (also
high cost of living) I know you can get this job done for $10K.

Dimitri