Andy

Default 10 biggest home-buying mistakes

127.0.0.1 wrote:
On 22 Mar 2004 15:07:54 -0800, (Andy)
wrote:

Assumption: Human "needs" do not change over time; only preferences
change over time.

Conclusion: People are now buying houses bigger than they need.

Andy

2+2=5

lifestyles change, it wasn't uncommon in the 50's and 60's to have
children share rooms, live in a house with only one bedroom, live in a
house without a "den"/entertainment room. People are more affluent now
and demand more from the home they live in. Maybe you want to remain
stuck in a decades old lifestyle but obviously many others don't. What
you should be stating is that people are buying home that would be too
large for YOU

I guess we define "need" differently. What you call a need, I call a
preference. To me a need is something that you die without. To you
something you want is a need.

Andy