D. Gerasimatos

Default 10 biggest home-buying mistakes

In article ,
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 wrote:

around here 12k sq ft is a mansion, anything less is a mini, sure
most homes are much smaller. Since only the top 5% can afford the mini
mansions and the top 1% can afford the real deal builders don'r mass
build those homes. Builders are in business to make money and they
will build homes people can afford to buy, and if mini mansions sell
well, that's what they'll build. apparently there is a bit more
affluence close to me than there is wherever you are

I am in California, but I bet that folks in Manhattan would also take
issue with your implication that the prevalance of 6000 square foot homes
is a necessary sign of affluence. The average home nationwide is something like
2000 square feet. In those terms, a 6000 square foot house is a mansion.
I doubt that even 5% of the population can afford a 6000 square foot home.

However, the reality is that not many people are buying these
multi-million dollar homes. To even bring them into the discussion about
"people buying more house than they need" is ridiculous. You yourself
say that it's just 1% of the population who can even afford them.

Like I said before, most people can't even buy as much house as they need
let alone more than they need.

Dimitri