XOR

Default 10 biggest home-buying mistakes

(D. Gerasimatos) wrote in message ...
In article m,
Doug Miller wrote:

Increasing affluence in our society means that many among us have difficulty
distinguishing between what we truly need, and what we merely want. My
father's parents raised seven children in a house that is scarcely any larger
than my garage.

Well, we don't truly *need* anything except food, water, air, and a little
sunshine.

However, I doubt that very many people buy more house than they need. Lots
of people buy more expensive cars then they need, but I insist that it
is a rare bird who could've gotten away with a much smaller dwelling but
who just decided to go ahead and splurge on a bigger one.

I am not sure you can convince me that all those single people or
young couples w/no kids *really need* a 3000+ sq ft house. That's the
going model for most new homes in this town. Around here, it seems
*most* people buy more house than they need.