Richard Martin

Default Window Film

Anyone have any experience with residential window films? I am
interested in applying films to my windows for several reasons;

1) UV protection...I'm already noticed my wood floors are discoloring
where I have carpets down (house is 1 1/2 years old) and I want to
minimize this in the future.

2) Solar heat control...my house faces east and I get strong sun in
the morning (front windows) and evening (back).

My windows are insulated dual-pane windows (*not* LOW-E).

My wife requires that the film be as clear as possible...I am
considering the Vista SpectrSelect vs61 or Baekert Panorama Sterling
60. Any suggestions?

Someone told be that the SpectrSelect vs61 looks decididly green on
the windows...not sure why, I have a sample and it looks gray.

Thanks!

Rich