Babbling Brook Photography

Default Kitchen cabinets

WOW, looks like you touched a nerve here. The best thing you can do is shop
around, see what your wallet can handle, decide what your taste for quality
is and end up somewhere in the middle. Stay away from stapled together
cabinets and look for tight well made units. Good Luck!!!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Babbling Brook Photography

"Lynn" wrote in message
om...
Hi All,

I am new here and have just bought my first house. I wanted to see if
I could get some advice. I am doing some kitchen remodeling and I am
trying to select cabinets. The guys doing the work highly recommends
a fellow who custom makes cabinets. I met him and he seems really
nice. Have not inspected any of his work, but I trust the people
recommending him. The only thing is that the cabinets for 30 linear
feet cost 12K! This is for cherry cabinets (they are not all Cherry
as I guess the insides and shelves are particle board?) and its just
the basics.

I looked at home depot, and KraftMaid is around 5 grand. I was told
the KraftMaid line at home depot is of lower quality and is made just
for home depot. It will cost 1600 for my guys to install the
KraftMaid cabinets (or whatever else I buy).
Thus we are talking about 6600 vs 12,000. Does anyone have thought or
advice on this?????

I would really appreciate it!

Lynn