az-willie

Default Termite Activity Reported in Home

Scott in Aztlán said on 3/21/2004 9:05 AM:

On 20 Mar 2004 14:51:23 -0800, (Email Invalid)
wrote:

There is of course better peace of mind in buying a home where the
report shows no current termite activity. OTOH, I could easily buy a
home where the termite inspection is clean and termites could still
show up later on anyway

Yup. A great deal depends on how good the inspection/inspector is.

When I bought my current house (in SoCal), the sellers had a termite inspection
done. The inspection revealed some evidence of infestation, and recommended spot
treatment and some repairs. The sellers, being *incredibly* cheap, decided the
cost was too much, so they went and got a second opinion. This second inspection
revealed more extensive infestation, and they recommended fumigating the entire
structure. Instead of lowering their costs, these idiots ended up having to pay
SIX TIMES MORE than the original estimate.

BWAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I'm still laughing about that one.

Anyway, the bottom line is, the first inspector clearly missed some things that
the second inspector found. Thus, who you select to do your termite inspection
can make a big difference.

Termites are a plague in Arizona. Homes built in former orchards or on
former farm land don't have much problem because so much insecticide was
applied to the land over the years.

But homes built on former desert ground ( like many in the East and West
valley areas of Phoenix ) have big time problems with termites.