Steve L

Default Kitchen cabinets

Kraftmaid may be close to specifications of other retail outlets compared

HD, but are not of comparable quality bought through a wholesaler. In

fact,
Kraftmaid will not sell HD the same quality they sell to wholesalers. For
instance, face frames through a wholesaler are a true 3/4" solid wood,

check
yours and I would be willing to bet they are either 5/8" or 11/16". The
hanging rails on wall units are true 1/2" wood when purchased through
wholesaler, I do believe they are composite through HD. On base cabinets
they are a true 3/4" wood through a wholesaler. The doors are thicker

bought
through a wholesaler. The floor of the wall cabinets are a true 1/2"
Natural Birch compared to 3/8". The drawers are true wood being 3/4"
w/dovetailed sides with a 3/16" plywood floor. These are a few

differences
off the top of my head.

What crap. Where do these myths come from? I bought Kraftmaid cabinets
from HD, and they have full 3/4 face frames, solid wood "hanging rails",
etc., etc., blah, blah, blah. Before I bought, I shopped several
custom/wholesale places; the quality was similar, but HD was cheaper.