Rich Greenberg

Default Building code: Electrical boxes back-to-back, how many

In article 1079376715.616107@smirk,
wrote:
Two questions about electrical and building codes:

(1) Can you mount two electrical boxes back-to-back? In this example,
I have a 2x4 stud wall, and right next to a doorway there have to be

I don't know if the code permits this, but I have seen it done many
times.

(2) Is there a limit to the maximum number of electrical boxes that
can be in a wall? In this case, we have a 32" wide wall stub that has

No idea. My guess would be probably not a problem.

--
Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507