Greg W

Default Smallest water softeners?

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:25:47 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:58:31 +0000 (UTC), Greg W wrote:

Alternatively, can anyone recommend one that is particularly small?

http://www.canterburywater.com/

Canterbury Kite. I fitted one for a neighbour about 12 months ago -
it could be fitted below the sink unlike any other and appears to be
as frugal on salt as they claim. They top up the salt container
about every week with a few handfuls of salt tablets. I'll dig out
their water consumption figures but for a family of two with quite a
few weekend visitors and two power showers they are getting through
about a bag of salt every 4 or 5 months.

Had a look at their website, it all sounds pretty good. Any insight on
performance and impact on flow rate? Canterbury's claims are pretty
impressive, any idea whether reality matches up?

Cheers

Greg