Joseph Meehan

Default bathroom cleaning question

wrote:
Hi, I have a relatively question regarding bathroom cleaning. I hope
some of you can help me out.

What should I use to get rid of or neutralize 'bad' smell on tile
grouts around the toilet area? The bathroom has medium sized ceramic
tiles.

I know the stuff I use to clean the toilet bowl will do, but I want to
know if there's something less 'strong' as it says it is ONLY to be
used for toilet bowl and hard non porous surface. I've used PINE
cleaner but the smell comes back.

Thanks a lot.

Raymond

If the area is cleaned with normal cleaners (only use the bowl cleaner
in the bowl) it will not smell.

My guess is the wax ring is going bad. That means sewer gas is coming
out under the toilet. IF that is true, you need to remove the toilet, make
sure that is the only problem and replace the wax ring. If that is the only
problem, it is an easy fix. If no, then it can get a little more complex.
If the whole thing scares you, call in the plumber.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math