Lurch

Default Central Heating : Wiring Query

On 12 Jan 2004 02:51:06 -0800, (John Pearson)
wrote:

I have scanned through the numerous queries regarding problems with
Central Heating when the Hot Water part of the system is working fine
(the problem I also have) and noticed that the majority of times
replacing the motor sorts the problem.

I had a heating engineer out for 2 1/2 hours on Friday trying to find
the cause of the problem and needless to say he thought the motor
needed replacing but it is fine.

The question I had was what triggers the boiler to start up if the
microswitch wire on the central heating motorised valve unit is
deliberately capped off with a junction box?

The engineer and myself both looked for a stray wire to attach to the
other side of the junction box to no avail.

Seems every issue I ever have with houses I own is a 'non-standard'
setup.

Thanks in advance,

John

In some instances the boiler is wired to come on with the valve, so in
your case it could be that the brown, (motor live), could be connected
with the boiler switch wire in the junction box.
What type of system do you have, Y plan, S plan. When you say motor I
assume you mean motorised valve motor, do you?
It is unlikely that the wiring would just fall out with no trace of
where it came from but some more info would help to diagnose a littlke
further.

SJW