Jungle Jim

Default Those YUPPIE drywall screws

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

the_handyman wrote in message
I never could figure out why yuppies use drywall screws instead of
nails whenever they build something with wood, (or more likely,
hire someone else to do it for them).

I was raised then when you build something with wood, you use
NAILS and a HAMMER.

snip

That did it, I threw my hammer on the concrete floor, went into
the house, and told the owner to take the nails back to Home
Depot, and get me drywall screws. I said I want big ones for the
2x4's. smaller ones for the panels, and teeny tiny ones for the
molding. I also told him to get me a dozen phillips screwdrivers,
a hand operated twist drill, with a dozen bits, a good sharp hand
saw, a caulking gun, and a whole case of liquid nails cartridges.
I also told him that to complete the job, I must charge him an
additional $500, because I must do the job in silence, and that
will require several extra days of labor.

NOW I know why yuppies use those damn drywall screws !!!!!!!

These folks probably hven't done a lick of manual labor in their life,
and I'd steer clear of them in the future, unless you have them obtain
a proper permit.

But, as one who has done all types of DIY, I can't understand why you
would use a screwdriver rather than an electric screwgun or drill with
an appropriate bit. Twist drill and manual screwdriver sounds like
what a YUPPIE would use for this job.

Nearly all my projects are assembled with screws now, but deck screws
and not drywall. Drywall screws tend to break.