N. Hall

Default New Pella Proline Patio Door is frosting up along the seal edge

I've got new a Pella ProLine - was professionally installed about 7 months
ago. We have had some -20 degree days here this winter, and not a bit of
frost or ice on mine.

"No Spam Please" wrote in message
om...
Bill Seurer wrote in message

No Spam Please wrote:
5 months ago I purchased a Pella Proline patio door and it is frosting
up along the seal edge on cold days below 15. This door is about 4
months old.
I was wondering if others had this same problem with this patio door ?

What do you mean by "frosting up"? The best windows in the world get
frost on them if the inside humidity compared to the outside temperature
is high enough.

The seal gets about 1/8" of ice on it during cold weather. My 20 year
old Anderson Patio door sealed better.

Dave