The Natural Philosopher

Default Was: Moss/Lichen on roof, now we are into pollution.

IMM wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

If someone could only come up with a plant that I simply stuffed full of
junk-mail and which heated my house, generated most of my electricity,
and allowed me to run a few pipes rund the garden to grow vegetables in
winter from....at similar cost to an oil boiler...

I am truly surprised that some such object has not yet been developed.

It's called a wood stove, and some of these are very efficient.

No, its not. you need more than a wood stove to burn wood and paper cleanly.

You need forced draught and VERY high temperaures to break down the
pollutants properly, and some way to remove solid particles and various
noxious things out of the flue gases.

Such things do exist, but they are rare.

---