Djavdet

Default house rebuilt year

Hi Andy,

Andy Hill wrote in message . ..

Eh, it's not like foundations wear out (at least, not over the timeframes we're
dealing with her). Why should it be priced lower? As long as the foundation
area was brought up to code (vapor barrier, insulation) at the time of
construction, I can't see how it'd matter.

I agree and that's why i am asking whether it's worth to escalte the
issue or just drop it as pointless. But just looking at the ads in our
area, some houses like 2002 "new construction" rebuilt on foundation
of '68 cost about 20-30K less. I was wondering why builders would
disclose the information about foundation, Is there a law forces them
to do so?

Now if the reason things were rebuilt was due to a fire, then I'd be a bit more
leery -- there'd be the possibility of all kinds of spalling or other weakening
if the fire had been severe.

I do not know, how would i found it out? I guess there should be some
records about it, right?
Djavet.