Eric Tonks

Default Need Info on Live in Basement Plans

Was commonly done in the late 40s and early 50s. Some people never got past
the basement, and the upper floors were never completed. Now most
authorities and all mortgage companies will not allow this to be done.

Building on top of a roofed basement is not easy, and the elements keep
leaking through untill the upper floors are sealed. This is one reason many
people never advanced this far.

"R Shawley" wrote in message
om...
I am contemplating constructing a new home on some land I may
purchase. I know people have built their own houses, finishing a
basement and then the rest of the house later. The task is daunting
however I am surrounded by a family of tradespeople. Where can I find
resources on this type of construction? Can almost any home plan be
adapted to this?
Thanks for any replies!

Ryan Shawley