Jackie Brophy

Default MA: Is mortgage lender required to record release?

"Jonathan Kamens" wrote in message
(v) writes:
Now THERE'S an interesting way to waste money on transactional
costs....

My last two refinancings have both been no points, no closing
costs, with a lower interest rate than I'd had before.

Alas, it looks like those days are probably over for a while,
but there was certainly a good chunk of time in the last few
years when consumers could repeatedly refinance at no cost to
them and get a lower rate each time.

Yes and that comment was aimed at me. My last 5 refinances have all been no
points, no closing costs and NO escrow accounts. Down from 7.5 to 4.87 with
very little pain or time spent on doing these. My comment on not keeping
track was at which ones were the home equities vs. the traditional mortgages
and require some time making sure that the home equities have been properly
discharged and recorded. So my only "transactional" costs will be the
recording of the 2 home equity loans. Not bad if you ask me.