db

Default Travertine tile for floor?

We have travertine in our bathroom/shower walls and floor...love it.
Holes filled with grout. We use miraclesealants impregnating sealer
once a year, and it has looked great for 3 years. We get great
compliments on it, and have had not wear/damage issues at all.

Andy Hill wrote in message . ..
(LD) wrote:
Greetings;
We would like to put travertine tiles on our bathroom floor, and we
have the following questions:

- How strong is it? (It is, after all, full of holes....)
- Should we fill the holes? With what?
- How slippery is it?
- Are there different qualities (grades) of travertine? How to
judge?
- Would travertine be a good candidate for electric radiant heating?
- Any other particulars that we should be aware of?

Typically, you fill the holes with the same grout you're using in between the
tiles. Travertine is pretty fragile...looks killer on the walls, but I think
twice about putting it on the bathroom floor. It's as good a candidate as any
other rock or tile for radiant. As with any natural product, there's infinite
variation in quality...you really need someone who knows rock to work through
the possibilities.