Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
PoP wrote:
The next thing is whether to fit a battery charger to the system.

Might be a lot cheaper and easier to use a UPS rather than a genny.
That way you've got battery backed up CH 24x7 and never need to worry
about switching over.

If I add a 'permanent' charger then effectively I've got an UPS. With a
capacity of approx 0.5 kwh. I don't know what you'd expect to pay for one
ready made, but my costs are *well* under 50 quid so far, given that most
of the bits are either secondhand or new via Ebay.

That's about what they cost ready made, UPSs have become incredibly
cheap now.

--
Chris Green